Kenneth Zapata is a Designer at Fat Pencil Studio
Megan Gossett recently moved to Portland in December of 2020 and joined the Fat Pencil team in fall 2021. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Fine Arts at the University of West Florida after earning an AA in Engineering from Northwest Florida State College in 2016.
While always having an interest in physics, computer science, and engineering, she pursued an academic career in the arts after a professor instructed to her to go, paint and she fell in love with the practice. Megan’s works have been exhibited in multiple galleries across the US. She has an upcoming solo exhibition at Guardino Gallery in Portland from July 27th, 2022. She comes to the studio with experience in video editing, coding, writing, and an idiosyncratic perspective to the visual arts.
A few things about Megan:
- Go-to medium: Oil paints
- Dream trip: Japan, her first attempt to visit was derailed by the pandemic
- Favorite Portland Public Space: Laurelhurst Park
- YouTube channel(s) playing in the background whilst painting: physics, metaphysics, world science, videogame analysis, Drawfee
- New to her life since the pandemic: Moving to Portland and teaching art
- Media she’s recently consumed and recommends: The Wheel of Time high fantasy novels (soon to be a show?!?), Dune (favorite movie all-time, yes, the one that just came out), Philip K. Dick’s A Scanner Darkly
- Favorite past Halloween costume: Link from A Legend of Zelda